Tertiary Institution Student’s Health Insurance Plans
- UHI Students Health Plan
- Optional Schemes
UHI Students Health Plan
The benefit package to be enjoyed by the students under this plan includes:
- Preventive Services
- Health Information, Education and Communication
- Health Profiling
- Family Planning
- Curative Services
- Out patient consultations
- Specialist medical and surgical consultations by different consultants*.
- Provision of prescribed Drugs and Medications.
- Basic Diagnostic Laboratory Investigations including Haematology, Clinical Chemistry
- Routine X-rays of the Chest and Limbs and Multiple X-Rays
- In-patients care and hospital admission
- Blood Transfusion
- Wound Dressings
- Emergency Treatment for Accidents and Injuries
- Minor Surgeries
- *Intermediate Surgeries
- *Dental Care- Amalgam Filling, Simple Extraction and *Root Canal Therapy
- *Major Surgeries
- *Physiotherapy up to a maximum of 3 sessions
- Off-Session Cover
- *Off Session Cover Included in 36 states and FCTs
- Over 2000 NHIS Accredited Healthcare Providers for emergency treatments.
Health card will be provided for all participating students.
*Referral Panel of Hospitals is exclusive to contracted Specialist providers only and 50% co-insurance applies to these benefits. Off session cover availability is on designated network-panel providers.
The following additional cover may be rated in to your Students’ Health Scheme based on specific requirements identified by your institution.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Yellow Fever Vaccination
- CSM Vaccination
- HIV/AIDS Full Spectrum Scheme comprising
- Voluntary Confidential Counselling and Testing
- HIV Antiretroviral Therapy
- Treatment of Opportunistic Infections
- Provision of Support Network to Students Living with HIV/AIDS
- Inclusion of Maternity Cover
- Inclusion of cover for Advanced and Complex Investigation (CT Scan + MRI Scan etc)
- Travel Insurance
The management of HIV/AIDS for your institution will take the form of a separate program. The program will entail the following:
- Semi-annual Voluntary Confidential Counselling and Testing (VCCT)
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Seminars
- Holistic HIV/AIDS Care and Support including
- Antiretroviral treatments for students Living with HIV/AIDS
- Prompt treatment of opportunistic infections
- Prevention of mother to child transmission (PMCT) program
- Monitoring of the health status of the affected students
This comprehensive HIV/AIDS program comes at an additional cost. Details of which are available upon request.
The following exclusions apply to the above pre-paid health plans; however cover may be arranged subject to additional premium or through alternative negotiated fee-for-service payments to providers of care.
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Investigation and treatment of infertility
- HIV/AIDS Screening and Anti-Retroviral Therapy (offered as a separate scheme)
- Orthodontic treatment
- Advanced investigations e.g. CT Scan, Myelogram, EEG etc.
- Prosthetic devices such as cardiac pacemaker, orthopaedic implants etc.
- Chronic renal failure requiring dialysis
- Induced abortion
- Special-order optical lenses
- Advanced and/or complex ancillary investigations e.g. Marrow biopsy,
- Skeletal survey etc.
- Laser treatment
- Surgeries to heart and great blood vessels
- Neurological surgeries
- Treatment of malignancies.
Integrated Healthcare Delivery System for the Students
This means your students will be able to seek care through an integrated continuum from primary to tertiary care including emergency nationwide access to an integrated network of over 2000 accredited primary and secondary providers
Integration of the College Health Centre
Your Institution’s Health Centre will be integrated into the Health Scheme as a Primary Provider Care Centre.
Accordingly this will ensure that a steady flow of funds flows into the Centre which would be used to guarantee optimal health service levels.
- The equipments at the Centre would be upgraded and adequate personnel deployed to ensure it can deliver the appropriate level of care to students before the need for referral to higher centres.
- Managed Care Administrative Processes with fully computerised operations will be introduced to ensure seamless tracking of encounters.
- An Essential Drug List Inventory System would be put in place in conjunction with the Management of the University Health Services to forestall the occurrence of Drug Stock Outs.
- A Healthcare Quality Management System will be implemented in the University Health Centre to ensure that satisfactory service is delivered to the students and staff alike.
- United Healthcare will introduce additional incentives for clinical staff for adherence to quality protocols.
The Institution's Health Centre will have opportunity of referring students to Secondary and Tertiary Care Centres like Teaching Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres, Tertiary Private Hospitals. We already have contracted with a good number of these secondary and tertiary health centres to ensure that patients on our schemes are attended to efficiently.
Partnerships and International Aid
We will partner with International Non-Governmental Organisations, Agencies, Global Partnerships for Health like the Global Fund for Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS and Malaria, Rotary International and others to provide subsidised programmes and services for diseases of Public Health significance.